Michael D. Robbins
Doyle, Restrepo, Harvin & Robbins, L.L.P.
440 Louisiana Suite 2300
Houston, Texas 77002
Mr. Robbins has been in practice for more than 30 years. He handles a wide variety of civil litigation and appellate matters in state and federal courts involving product liability defense, corporate shareholder disputes, commercial contracts, oil and gas litigation, personal injury, breach of warranty, deceptive trade practices and other complex business litigation. Mr. Robbins is rated “AV®” “Preeminent™” (highest rating) by Martindale Hubbell and has been recognized as a Texas “Super Lawyer” (a Thomson Reuters service) 2011-2012 by Texas Monthly Magazine.
- Defended manufacturers of control systems, lifts, hoists, hand tools, and other industrial products in product liability and negligence cases throughout Texas.
- Represented non-profit foundation in dispute with large hospital on breach of the hospital’s indigent care obligation.
- Represented oil and gas companies in royalties disputes.
- Represented major oil and gas company in indemnity suit against another energy company.
- Represented oil and gas companies in litigation involving vendors, working interest partners and operators.
- Represented directors of publicly traded company in shareholder derivative action.
- Represented shareholders in derivative actions and disputes between shareholders of closely held corporations.
- Defended seed rice producer in Transgenic Rice Contamination MDL Litigation.
- Represented clients in breach of contract actions.
- Represented manufacturing and distribution companies in dispute with supplier.
- Represented companies in non-compete and trade secret litigation.
- Represented large national R.V. and manufactured home manufacturer in product and consumer litigation.
- Defended large insurance company in extra-contractual liability cases.
- Represented companies in trademark and copyright litigation.
- Represented drug manufacturer in PPA litigation.
- Defended rubber manufacturer in butadiene litigation.
- Representation of various FSLIC and FDIC receiverships during Texas Savings and Loan crisis.
Professional and Educational Background
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 1980
- Tulane University, B.A., 1972
- The American University, M.A. Public Administration, 1975
- University of Houston Law School, J.D. 1980
- Case Note and Comment Editor, University of Houston Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Robert O’Conor, Jr., United States District Judge for the Southern District of Texas
Memberships and Admissions
- State Bar of Texas, American Bar Association, Federal Association (President, Houston Chapter, 1990-91 and Houston Bar Association)
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, Texas Supreme Court, United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, the United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Houston Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Born, Cleveland, Ohio, 1951
Telephone (713) 228-5100 | Fax (713) 228-6138
440 Louisiana Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77002
Copyright 2014 DOYLE RESTREPO HARVIN & ROBBINS, L. L. P. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted in website – Not certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization.